During a skin and nail care appointment, our trained podiatrists use medical-grade and sterile tools to:
- Reduce your callus
- Remove your corns
- Treat plantar warts
- Reduce hard, cracked heels
- Trim toenails, regardless of how hard and thick they are
- Reduce the thickness of your toenails
- Start to manage ingrown toenails
- Remove any superficial discolouration of the toenails
- Clear the areas down the sides of the nails
- File any rough nail and skin surfaces
More than the treatment we provide, we complete and document the overall condition of your feet, looking for any noticeable problems that you may not have picked up on – like Athlete’s foot or other infection, signs of poor circulation, a non-healing wound, and much more.
By identifying and treating problems early, we help to reduce your risk of further problems or complications. This is especially important if you have conditions like diabetes, where your feet have many risks of serious complications and one cut can mean a long-standing wound and infection. To read more about the risks with your feet and diabetes, click here.